Mulching trees is a very effective method to reduce landscape maintenance and keep plants healthy by enriching the soil with nutrients.
There are numerous advantages to mulching such as:
- The soil is well aerated by lessening soil compaction, which occurs when raindrops seep into the soil.
- Mulch helps to lock the moisture in the soil and evaporation rates can be reduced by as much as 70%, thus keeping more water in the ground.
- It reduces water runoff and soil erosion to a large extent.
- Prevents soil and other fungi from splashing on the foliage, thereby reducing chances of soil-borne diseases.
- We provide mulching services for both residential and commercial customers
- Help in maintaining a more constant soil temperature (warm during summer and cooler during winter).
- Promotes growth of soil microorganisms and earth worms, which enrich soil quality by making it highly fertile.
- Eliminates mowing around trees and shrubs and also acts as a barrier that prevents damage from lawn mowers and weed trimmers.
- A 2-4 inch layer is sufficient to prevent most weeds from germinating.
- ALL customers can keep the mulch
The area where the mulching is done should include as much of the root zone as is possible. It is advisable to pull the mulch back 1 to 2 inches from the base of plants to prevent bark decay.
Although this method can be implemented any time of the year, the best time is the late spring after the soil is warm. Early spring application will delay soil warming and may hinder plant growth as well. Mulch must not come in contact with plant stems as they might burn the plants or cause collar rot.
At The Palm Guys, our mulch is suitable for all types of requirements. We provide mulching services for residential and commercial clients.
Customers can keep the mulch from their own trees onsite for free!
To discuss your tree care requirements with our experienced reliable team and to organise an obligation free quote today, please call us on 07 5478 9119 or fill out the Contact Us form.